This easy 20 minute hike is family friendly at only 0.1 miles. Brasstown Creek tumbles 120 feet in three consecutive drops: Brasstown Cascades--50 feet, Brasstown Veil--35 feet, Brasstown Sluice--35 feet. The trail will lead you to the Cascades and its calm pool. To reach the other two sections requires steep descents and crossing large boulders. It is not recommended for the novice hiker. But a short distance upstream is the beautiful Little Brasstown Falls.
GPS Waypoints Lat: 34.7182 Lon: -83.3038
1. From Westminster, drive WEST on US 76 for 12 miles and turn LEFT on Brasstown Road (Oconee County Road S-37-48).
2. Drive 4.2 miles (dirt for the last 1.5 miles) and turn RIGHT onto FS 751 (just before the small bridge).
3. Drive 0.5 mile on FS 751 and PARK.
4. Follow the path (past the vehicular barricade on FS 751) that leads you beneath power lines and into the woods.
5. Approximately 50 feet into the woods, another small path branches off to the RIGHT. You will cross the creek and afterward the trail will split into several paths, all of which lead you to the first falls and its calm pool.
6. To view the lower falls follow the creek downstream, or bushwhack upstream to find the upper falls (Little Brasstown Falls).