Plunging over a granite cliff surrounded by granite walls, Rainbow Falls is spectacular. The 140-foot drop of Cox Camp Creek is breathtaking.
Located on Camp Greenville property. It is a very strenuous 5 mile round trip hike. Not recommended for small children.
Hike length: 5 miles
GPS Waypoints Lat: 35.13001440812385 Lon: -82.58621970698579
1. NORTH on US 276, past Caesars Head State Park.
2. Continue 2.6 miles past the park and turn right onto Solomon Jones Road.
3. Drive 4.6 miles to a small parking area on the right.
4. Backtrack on the road about 10 yards and turn left to access the trail.
5. Travel approximately .75 miles along the blue blazed Jones Gap Trail, then veer to the right onto the red blazed Rainbow Falls Trail. 6. Climb approximately 1,000 feet over a distance of 1.6 miles to the base of Rainbow Falls. 7. Return the way you came.
Use caution and ropes to reach the falls.