Crane Falls is right past Cheohee Road Falls off of Cheohee Road. The small 12-foot falls splits at the top and rejoins in a small tree-filled pool at the bottom.
1. From Walhalla drive WEST on SC 28 for 8.1 miles to the junction of SC 28 and SC 107, and bear RIGHT (north) onto SC 107.
2. Drive approximately 6.1 miles to Cheohee Road (also known as Tamassee Road, and Winding Stairs Road; FS 710).
3. Continue on Cheohee Road for another 3.2 miles to a bridge over Crane Creek. (You will pass Cheohee Road Falls at 0.4 miles on the right).
4. Before the bridge there is a small parking area on the left. Begin hiking here.
6. Follow an old roadbed past several large barricading rocks and some primitive campsites.
7. You can then rock-hop across Crane Creek ath the half-way point and follow the path upstream.