King Creek Falls
This might be the perfect falls to visit with the whole family. It is an easy 0.6 mile hike to a picturesque 70-foot waterfall where you feel you could relax all day with your feet in the water. King Creek topples over a tiered rock face that slants backwards, making the falls seem much higher than 70-feet. The trail runs through a mixture of hardwoods, rhododendron and mountain laurel.
GPS Waypoints Lat: 34.9665 Lon: -83.1121
1. From Walhalla, drive NORTHWEST on SC 28 for approximately 8 miles and bear RIGHT (north) onto SC 107.
2. Drive 10.4 miles and turn LEFT onto Burrells Ford Road (FS 708, paved for first 0.3 mile).
3. Drive approximately 3 miles to the Burrell's Ford Campground parking area on the LEFT.
4. Hike the Chattooga Trail (gravel) that begins at the southern end of the parking lot. Follow it 0.3 mile past the last campsite on the right side of the trail and just north of King Creek.
5. Take the first LEFT (east) by the north bank of the creek.
6. Proceed 250 yards and CROSS over the creek on a bridge.
7. Turn LEFT (east) onto the trail to the falls.
8. Climb the wooden steps and continue to the falls.