Don's Falls can be seen to the right of the Oconee Connector Trail (500 feet up from the Connector Falls). There is no established trail so be prepared to bushwhack.
According to a local legend, Don's Falls is named gor the leader of a moonshine operation once located there.
1. From Walhalla drive NORTH on SC 183 for 3.5 miles then turn RIGHT (north) onto SC 11.
2. Follow SC 11 for 1.9 miles tot the community of Picket Post
3. Turn LEFT onto Oconee Station Road and continue on for 2.2 miles to a small parking area on the left.
4. Begin hiking here. Hike the trail by the parking area for 0.5 mile to a wooden stile then turn RIGHT before passing through the stile.
5. Continue 0.2 mile and look to the RIGHT across a ravine and up the mountain-side. Visible here is the rock structure for the falls. If you visit after a heavy rain, you can hear and see the falling water.
6. This is where the bushwhacking begins. Making your way through the ravine and up the mountainside will get you to the falls.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.