This is an excellent hike for all members of the family. After approximately 1 mile on the Foothills Trail you will see a clearly marked sign directing you to Hidden Falls. Yellow blazes on the trees along the trail provide direction, as you wind along the hillside. As you walk, you will be entertained by the sounds of Tamassee Creek, which is hidden by dense underbrush. Hidden Falls flows over a series of granite ledges and drops 60 feet. It is best viewed after a rain. Several rock benches provide a place to sit and enjoy the galax, rhododendron, and ferns as you dangle your feet in the creek.
Hike length: 2.1 miles
GPS Waypoints Lat: 34.8262 Lon: -83.1863
1. From Walhalla, drive northwest on SC 28 for approximately 8.4 miles and bear RIGHT onto SC 107. Continue on SC 107 to Oconee State Park and enter the park.
2. After the Fee Station turn RIGHT and drive to a small parking area on the RIGHT, just beyond the entrance to Cabin Area 14-20. The trailhead is on the LEFT at the Foothills Trail sign.
3. Register, then start your hike on the Foothills Trail.
4. Cross the junction with Station Mountain Road, and continue to the sign directing you to Hidden Falls.
5. After you hike approximately .7 mile, you will descend on some steps to Old Horse Bone Road. When the road splits, follow the LEFT fork and continue one mile to the falls.