Beech Bottom Falls
Mill Creek drops 100 feet to make this multi-tiered waterfall. It starts as two tiers but the creek flows around boulders and over rock ledges to make this beautiful falls. It is a spur trail off the Palmetto Trail that will lead you to the falls. The hike is 1.7 miles round trip.
1. Drive 1.5 miles north on F Van Clayton Memorial Highway from the intersection with 178 (Moorefield Memorial Highway) in Rocky Bottom SC. This is the same road that goes to Sassafras Mountain.
2. Park in the wide gravel pull out on the left.
3. Walk up the road to the red gate to begin the hike.
4. In about 1/4 mile you will pass a cylindrical bat roost on the left.
5. In another .1 miles, cross Abner Creek on a foot bridge, then bear left.
6. Follow the trail and signs to the Observation Platform.
7. Note: the last 100 yards is very steep. Steps and handholds are provided.