Woodall Shoals is the only Class 6 rapids on the Chattooga River and is considered dangerous for rafters and kayakers. But viewing the shoals is not dengerous at all. Getting to these shoals is an easy 15 minute hike and the viloent rapids disappear at the end and become a calm pool of water creating a great place for family recreation.
1. From Westminster drive WEST on Us 76 for 15.2 miles and turn LEFT onto Orchard Road at the Sockemdog sign.
2. Continue down Orchard Road for 0.3 miles until you reach Woodall Road (gravel) to your RIGHT.
3. Follow Woodall Road for 2.2 miles to the camping and parking area.
4. Off to the left, the trail will begin. Follow the trail for 0.2 miles then take the steps down to the riverbank.
5. On the river's edge, there is trail that goes to the left that will give you a more distant view of the shoals.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.