Oconee Military Museum
Patriots Hall, formerly known as the "The Old Rock Building," was built in 1933 by the CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps. The black granite rock was removed from the Stumphouse Mountain Tunnel. Both floors of the museum are filled with displays from the Revolutionary War to the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The museum offers an opportunity for visitors to see firsthand what veterans have contributed and often sacrificed for our country, the world, and our freedom. Military artifacts, documents, photographs, and artwork adorn the walls of the museum. Collections include personal stories of Oconee County veterans preserved in a DVD format and are available to visitors.