Pleasant Ridge Falls
Marietta, SC 29661
The double tiered falls drops 8 feet, then rambles for 25 feet before plunging 15 feet over the second tier. It is an easy 0.2 mile hike down the nature trail at Pleasant Ridge County Park to see this picturesque waterfall. A bench made of a split log is at the upper tier making it a great spot to enjoy the view.
The Pleasant Ridge Camp & Retreat Center is owned and operated by the Greenville County Recreation District. Just 40 minutes from downtown Greenville, the park offers three picnic shelters and 8 miles of share used hiking and mountain biking trails, and a four-acre fishing lake. There is also a one-mile hiking trail that passes by small waterfalls, an old moonshine still site and the remains of a grist mill.
GPS Waypoints: Lat: 35.0933 Lon: -82.4835
1. From Greenville, take US 25 NORTH toward Asheville.
2. When it intersects with SC 11, turn LEFT onto SC 11.
3. Drive two miles to the park on the RIGHT.
4. The trail begins behind the office building.
5. Follow the trail to a T intersection and turn RIGHT.
6. Hike 0.1 mile crossing a wooden bridge to the falls on your left. A left turn at the T intersection will take you to an old moonshine site.